POLICIES AND CONDITIONS
These policies and conditions shall be subject to the Terms and Conditions detailed below.
Individuals or legal entities, hereinafter THE CUSTOMER who purchase the services of SUKIA TRAVEL, hereinafter THE COMPANY, should be aware of these policies.
- THE CUSTOMER AND THE COMPANY
The customer requesting a quotation, information, or making a reservation and/or receiving any type of service is deemed to have read, understood and accepted the Terms and Conditions.
- THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND SUPPLIERS
SUKIA TRAVEL offers its customers travel, transfers, tours, accommodations, activities, excursions, whether acting as itself or as an Agent for the Suppliers involved, or for associates in the travel industry. SUKIA TARVEL represents the Suppliers and accordingly accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, injury, illness, harm or death that any Client may suffer as a result of any act or omission on the part of the Suppliers in performing their obligations, whether in connection with travel arrangements, accommodation or otherwise unless, in the case of injury or death, it is due to the negligent act or omission of the Supplier.
The contract entered into between the Supplier and the Customer shall be effective between the parties, therefore any right of recourse that the Customer may have shall be solely against the Supplier.
In the event that SUKIA TRAVEL subcontracts the services of any Supplier, it will provide the Customer with the identity and terms and conditions (or access thereto) of all Suppliers relevant to the Customer. It is the Customer’s responsibility to familiarize himself/herself with the Supplier’s Terms and Conditions.
4- DEPOSIT AND RESERVATION
Once the client has requested a quotation of services verbally or via email and expresses his desire to hire the services of THE COMPANY, the Travel Agent will prepare a travel program according to the established, for which you must make a deposit (non-refundable) of 25% of the contracted services, in order to confirm the reservation, if not deposited this amount will not confirm the reservation.
The client shall send the proof of payment to THE COMPANY, so that it may proceed to make the respective reservation.
We provide a $10,000 USD insurance that covers you during your travels with us and includes any adventure activity carried out by THE COMPANY.
It is highly recommended that all Clients obtain adequate insurance coverage, covering situations such as cancellation due to illness, accident or injury, personal accident and personal liability, loss or damage to luggage. SUKIA TRAVEL Tour Agency will not be liable if the Client does not have adequate insurance coverage. It shall not be mandatory for SUKIA TRAVEL Tour Agency to take out travel insurance for the Client.
The Client should be aware that several credit card companies offer limited travel insurance, such insurance is not recommended by SUKIA TRAVEL Tour Agency as sufficient coverage for international travel. It is recommended to consult with the credit card company to obtain adequate information on what is covered by the insurance.
6 – TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
Documents such as vouchers, vouchers, reservation numbers, complete itineraries, among others. They are only prepared and released upon receipt of payment of the contracted travel price in full. The Client, upon receipt of all travel documents, is responsible for checking that all details are correct.
- If the client cancels 12 to 6 weeks in advance the penalty will be 0%, 6 to 2 weeks 20% penalty, 2 weeks to departure date or later 50% penalty, 1 day before the tour the penalty will be 100%.
- If the person cancels the activity 2 weeks or less prior to the tour, it will NOT be possible to reschedule another tour date.
- Participants who do not show up (NO-SHOW), do not receive a refund of any kind.
- If participants do not arrive at the meeting point at the agreed time, NO refunds will be made.
- Once the reservation deposit has been made, NO refunds will be made under any circumstances. As an Agency we must pay our suppliers and they in turn apply the same non-refundable payment policy.
- In case the tour must be suspended for reasons of force majeure or fortuitous event, (weather, natural disasters, demonstrations, road blockades or government orders; Example: Ministry of Health, ICT) will be rescheduled to a new date, the customer may apply the reservation to the new date or select another of our destinations, NO money will be refunded. In this case SUKIA TRAVEL staff will be communicating with the client 12 hours before the departure of the tour.
- The person who does not show up for the tour, alleging Covid-19 virus reasons, will only be able to reschedule his/her tour by presenting a proof of having taken the Covid-19 test or a sanitary order issued by the Ministry of Health.
Other conditions for performance, cancellation and/or rescheduling:
- We reserve the right of admission.
- The technical team of the SUKIA TRAVEL Tour Agency may stop the activity when the prevailing conditions in the field put the physical integrity of the people at risk.
- The client assumes the risk of climatic or meteorological conditions that may prevent the effective access to the different destinations included in the tour or activity and its normal execution.
- Outdoor activities may present unforeseen events, therefore, you should take the necessary precautions with the time of the activity.
- The activities are scheduled at a departure time depending on the distance to the destination, the route to be taken, among others, for this reason, you will always be asked to be punctually at the departure time agreed according to the schedule of each activity. You will always be requested to be at least 30 minutes before the departure time.
- If you do not show up at the departure point and at the time agreed upon in the schedule, it is known as a NO SHOW, therefore we will not be able to delay the departure. In view of this, your participation will be excluded for no-show. In such a case, there is NO possibility of refund or rescheduling.
- An activity may not be rescheduled if a minimum of 10 kilometers of the route has already been advanced or if the site where the activity will take place has been reached and due to causes or decisions beyond the COMPANY’s control, the activity cannot be developed or completed. This includes the closure of Private Areas, National Parks, Reserves or others. Also due to blockades, accidents, dams, road demonstrations that prevent free transit. The time lost due to such events will not be made up, releasing the Agency from responsibility. The SUKIA TRAVEL Agency team will always try to solve in the best way for the client, without accepting responsibility for the closure of such places or events presented when it is an UNEXPECTED situation (less than 12-14 hours of occurrence).
In case of cancellation
Our tours may be cancelled or rescheduled for the following circumstances:
- When weather or environmental conditions are FORECASTED at least 24 hours in advance and prevent the tour from taking place as planned, we reserve the right to cancel or move the activity to another date.
- In any case, people who have cancelled the cost of the tour will be informed a maximum of 12 hours prior to the tour.
- In case of justified cancellation, SUKIA TRAVEL Agency reserves the right to relocate or reschedule the activity within a maximum period of 30 calendar days.
- In the event of adverse and unforeseen weather conditions, an on-site response will be considered.
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND NEEDS
Those customers who have special requirements and needs must specify such requirements and needs to THE COMPANY and THE COMPANY will do its best to accommodate them, however, in case it is not possible to meet them, THE CUSTOMER will be informed as soon as possible.
No modification, cancellation, rectification or waiver of any term or right mentioned herein shall be deemed valid or binding unless in writing and signed by the Customer and a duly authorized representative of THE COMPANY.
- REFUNDS AND RETURNS
No refunds will be accepted under any circumstances by SUKIA TRAVEL Tour Agency. Refunds will be subject to the Terms and Conditions. Refunds may take up to eight weeks and in exceptional cases even longer.
- INTERNET RESERVATIONS
To make a reservation, follow the procedure shown on our website, request an offline application form or proceed with any of our authorized vendors and reservation websites and application systems. The appropriate application form must be completed for each person traveling, or a letter may be submitted indicating that a natural person will be the representative of the group of people participating in the tour. When the availability of the chosen tours has been confirmed and booked within any applicable time limit to do so the reservation will be treated as firm and THE COMPANY will send to the CLIENT
the disclaimer to be signed by him/her and sent via e-mail to THE COMPANY, the contract between us will come into effect as soon as we receive your completed application form, the disclaimer and the deposit. We will then send you a receipt for all payments made and our invoice. When we have not confirmed availability, your reservation is not firm, so the contract between us will come into effect when we send you our invoice. When you book through our website without prior confirmation of availability, any electronic acknowledgement of your reservation is not a confirmation of your reservation. Please review your invoice carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information on the invoice or any other document appears to be incorrect or incomplete, so that we may correct it.
Subject to legal restrictions, the COMPANY undertakes to treat all Customer information of a personal nature as strictly confidential.
- CHANGES IN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE COMPANY reserves the right to make changes to the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.